Jump to Main Content
- Wei, Denghui, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2020 v.712 pp. 135759
- ammonia; antibiotics; bioactive properties; chronic exposure; cupric oxide; microbial activity; microbial communities; nanoparticles; nitrification; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen; resistance genes; sludge; sulfamethoxazole; wastewater
- ... Considering the inevitable release of antibiotics and nanoparticles (NPs) into the nitrogen containing wastewater, the combined impact of CuO NPs and sulfamethoxazole (SMX) antibiotic on partial nitrification (PN) process was investigated in four identical reactors. Results showed that the bioactivity of the aerobic ammonia-oxidizing bacteria (AOB) decreased by half after they were exposed to the ...
- Wei, Denghui, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2019 v.379 pp. 120809
- Nitrosomonas; adsorption; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; cupric oxide; membrane bioreactors; nanoparticles; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen
- ... Anaerobic ammonium oxidation (Anammox) was an innovative process for nitrogen removal. In this study, CuO nanoparticles (NPs) was step-wise increasingly added to an MBR-based partial nitrification system, to investigate its feasibility for inducing Anammox and establishing autotrophic nitrogen removal system. Results showed that when CuO NPs was elevated to 5 mg L−1, Anammox was successfully induc ...