Jump to Main Content
- Terrazas, César A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal for parasitology 2010 v.40 no.9 pp. 1051-1062
- T-lymphocytes; Taenia crassiceps; Toll-like receptor 4; Toll-like receptor 9; Toxoplasma; antigens; cell proliferation; cysticercosis; dendritic cells; inflammation; interferon-gamma; interleukin-10; interleukin-4; ovalbumin; parasites; polysaccharides; secretion
- ... In cysticercosis, a parasitic disease caused by cestodes, the details of early interactions between parasite antigens and innate cells from the host are not well understood. In this study, the role of cestode-conditioned dendritic cells (DCs) in priming Th1 versus Th2 responses to bystander antigen was examined by using CD11c⁺ DCs as antigen-presenting cells and naive CD4⁺ DO11.10 lymphocytes spec ...
- Terrazas, César A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal for parasitology 2010 v.40 no.6 pp. 731-742
- Taenia crassiceps; cysticercosis; macrophages; mice; parasites
- ... To determine the role of alternatively activated macrophages in modulating the outcome of experimental cysticercosis caused by Taenia crassiceps, we investigated the effect of removal of alternatively activated macrophage by injecting clodronate-loaded liposomes into susceptible BALB/c mice. Following T. crassiceps infection, mice receiving PBS-loaded liposomes developed a dominant Th2-type respon ...