Jump to Main Content
- Cabral, Lúcio M., et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Current microbiology 2014 v.69 no.3 pp. 357-364
- Gram-negative bacteria; antimicrobial properties; ciprofloxacin; cytotoxicity; humans; macrophages; models; nitrofurans; risk; risk profile; toxicology; vancomycin
- ... Bacterial multiresistance is a health problem worldwide that demands new antimicrobials for treating bacterial-related infections. In this study, we evaluated the antimicrobial activity and the theoretical toxicology profile of N-substituted-phenylamino-5-methyl-1H-1,2,3-triazole-4-carbohydrazide derivatives against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria clinical strains. On that purpose we dete ...
- Cabral, Lúcio M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2011 v.135 no.1 pp. 135-146
- Attalea speciosa; acute toxicity; animals; apoptosis; cell culture; cell proliferation; combination drug therapy; common names; cytotoxicity; hyperplasia; indigenous species; ingestion; medical treatment; men; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; necrosis; powders; seeds; stromal cells; toxicity testing; urinary tract; Brazil
- ... ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) are a common complaint among aging men and are usually caused by Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). A number of medical treatments for LUTS/BPH exist, such as α-blockers, 5α-reductase inhibitors, phytotherapeutical drugs and combination therapies. Babassu is the common name of a Brazilian native palm tree called Orbignya speciosa ...