Jump to Main Content
- Irvine, Brian, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Catena 2017 v.150 pp. 302-316
- autumn; catenas; climate; climate change; data collection; drainage systems; grazing; islands; land management; latitude; models; peat; peatlands; prescribed burning; sediment yield; temporal variation; wildfires; England
- ... Many peatlands across the world suffer from degradation. Blanket peatlands are found mainly in high latitude oceanic areas and subpolar islands. Exacerbated erosion of blanket peatlands is common particularly where they have been disturbed by human influence or where climate has become more marginal for their functioning. A recently developed fluvial blanket peat erosion model, PESERA-PEAT was app ...
- Irvine, Brian, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Climatic change 2016 v.134 no.1-2 pp. 177-191
- climate change; data collection; land management; models; peat; peatlands; prediction; sediment yield; summer; temperature; England
- ... A recently developed fluvial erosion model for blanket peatlands, PESERA-PEAT, was applied at ten sites across Great Britain to predict the response of blanket peat erosion to environmental change. Climate change to 2099 was derived from seven UKCP09 future projections and the UK Met Office’s historical dataset. Land management scenarios were established based on outputs from earlier published inv ...