Jump to Main Content
- Pertea, Geo, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Genome biology 2018 v.19 no.1 pp. 208
- databases; genes; genomics; humans; loci; messenger RNA; transcription (genetics)
- ... We assembled the sequences from deep RNA sequencing experiments by the Genotype-Tissue Expression (GTEx) project, to create a new catalog of human genes and transcripts, called CHESS. The new database contains 42,611 genes, of which 20,352 are potentially protein-coding and 22,259 are noncoding, and a total of 323,258 transcripts. These include 224 novel protein-coding genes and 116,156 novel tran ...
- Pertea, Geo, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- BMC Genomics 2007 v.8 pp. 368
- Boophilus microplus; acaricides; cold; conserved sequences; databases; expressed sequence tags; genes; genomics; hosts; larvae; messenger RNA; odors; phylogeny; proteins; stress response; tick control; ticks; transcriptome
- ... Background: The southern cattle tick, Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus, is an economically important parasite of cattle and can transmit several pathogenic microorganisms to its cattle host during the feeding process. Understanding the biology and genomics of R. microplus is critical to developing novel methods for controlling these ticks. Results: We present a global comparative genomic analys ...
- PubMed Central:
- Pertea, Geo, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Genome biology 2001 v.2 no.11 pp. 276
- databases; expressed sequence tags; gene expression; genes; human diseases; humans; microarray technology
- ... Microarray expression analysis is providing unprecedented data on gene expression in humans and mammalian model systems. Although such studies provide a tremendous resource for understanding human disease states, one of the significant challenges is cross-referencing the data derived from different species, across diverse expression analysis platforms, in order to properly derive inferences regard ...