Jump to Main Content
- Karlsson, B.; Swedjemark, G.
- Scandinavian journal of forest research 2006 v.21 no.2 pp. 108-114
- wood quality, etc ; genetic variation; decay resistance; forest trees; Picea abies; growth traits; decayed wood; decay fungi; root rot; clones; heritability; economic analysis; timber production; forest yields; forest economics; sampling; statistical analysis; Sweden; Show all 18 Subjects
- Trevor G. Jones; Charlie B. Low; Roger Meder; Diahanna R. O’Callahan; Patrick G. Milne; Colleen M. Chittenden; Nicholas Ebdon; Heidi S. Dungey
- European Journal of Wood and Wood Products 2013 v.71 no.2 pp. 183-192
- wood quality, etc ; Cupressocyparis leylandii; Cupressus lusitanica; Cupressus macrocarpa; clones; decay fungi; durability; genotype; heartwood; models; near-infrared spectroscopy; prediction; tree and stand measurements; weight loss; New Zealand; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The heartwood of plantation-grown Cupressus lusitanica, C. macrocarpa, Leyland and Ovens cypress (×Cuprocyparis leylandii and ×C. ovensii) from trials in New Zealand, was evaluated using breast height increment cores and in vitro decay tests with fungal cultures to determine the variation in the heartwood content and natural durability, and its prediction using near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy. Th ...