Jump to Main Content
- Diver, Sibyl
- Human ecology 2016 v.44 no.5 pp. 533-546
- collaborative management, etc ; USDA Forest Service; basins; case studies; catalysts; decision making; environmental policy; forest management; resource management; California; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Co-management frameworks are intended to facilitate sustainable resource management and more equitable power sharing between state agencies and Indigenous communities. However, there is significant debate about who benefits from co-management in practice. This article addresses two competing perspectives in the literature, which alternately portrays co-management as an instrument for co-optation o ...
- PubMed Central:
- Stein, Taylor V.; Lint, Richard; Warren, Mark
- Journal of forestry 2010 v.108 no.3 pp. 126
- collaborative management, etc ; forest management; wildland-urban interface; national forests; decision making; communications technology; recreation areas; case studies; crime prevention; motorized recreation; laws and regulations; law enforcement; Florida; Ocala National Forest; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Natural resource managers in the wildland-urban interface struggle with a variety of issues. In particular, land managers are becoming increasingly burdened with societal problems as a result of encroaching development and increased forest use. This article reports on a process used by the Ocala National Forest, Florida, to work through societal issues common in many US forests. Specifically, this ...