Jump to Main Content
- Zuxiang Xu; Jun Fu
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2020 v.12 no.23 pp. 26476-26484
- biomimetics; crosslinking; deformation; electrodes; hydrogels; iron; optical isomerism; polymers; temperature
- ... Precise and programmable control of reversible deformations of hydrogels has important implications for bionics. This work reports on programmable three-dimensional (3D) deformations and thermoresponsive actuation of polymer hydrogels in a well-defined manner. Precise infiltration of Fe³⁺ with periodic patterns is additionally used to cross-link the local polymer network through ionoprinting with ...
- Kyung Min Lee; Vincent P. Tondiglia; Mariacristina Rumi; Timothy J. White
- Journal of polymer science 2018 v.56 no.15 pp. 1087-1093
- crosslinking; deformation; electric field; liquid crystals; optical isomerism; polymerization; polymers; wavelengths
- ... Polymerization of crosslinkable liquid crystal monomers in chiral liquid crystalline media stabilizes the phase and enables distinct electro‐optic properties relative to small‐molecule analogs. Particularly interesting are cases where the polymerization forms a crosslinked polymer network that maintains a “structural” chirality. Recent reports have employed this methodology to realize a diverse se ...