Jump to Main Content
- Tondiglia, Vincent P., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2018 v.10 no.1 pp. 1187-1194
- anisotropy; carbon nanotubes; deformation; liquid crystals; optical properties; polymer nanocomposites
- ... Liquid crystal elastomers (LCEs) exhibit anisotropic mechanical, thermal, and optical properties. The director orientation within an LCE can be spatially localized into voxels [three-dimensional (3-D) volume elements] via photoalignment surfaces. Here, we prepare nanocomposites in which both the orientation of the LCE and single-walled carbon nanotube (SWNT) are locally and arbitrarily oriented in ...
- Tondiglia, Vincent P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2018 v.56 no.15 pp. 1087-1093
- crosslinking; deformation; electric field; liquid crystals; optical isomerism; polymerization; polymers; wavelengths
- ... Polymerization of crosslinkable liquid crystal monomers in chiral liquid crystalline media stabilizes the phase and enables distinct electro‐optic properties relative to small‐molecule analogs. Particularly interesting are cases where the polymerization forms a crosslinked polymer network that maintains a “structural” chirality. Recent reports have employed this methodology to realize a diverse se ...