Jump to Main Content
- Guan, Yidong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2018 v.360 pp. 536-543
- ammonium nitrogen; biofilters; bioreactors; chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; landfill leachates; nitrification; nitrogen
- ... The decentralized bioreactor is a promising process for landfill leachate (LL) treatment, however, it is often confronted with various forms of shock loadings. To explore the robustness of bioreactors to the long-lasting substrate shocks, a long-term study of over 90 days was carried out to investigate the effects of nitrogen (mainly ammonium nitrogen, NH4-N) and organic (in terms of chemical oxyg ...
- Guan, Yidong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2015 v.74 no.3 pp. 2679-2686
- aeration; carbon nitrogen ratio; denitrification; municipal wastewater; probability; soil; temperature; wastewater treatment
- ... As a soil filter, the multi-soil-layering (MSL) system has several advantages over some other conventional soil-based systems, including higher hydraulic load rate (HLR) and lower probability of clogging. However, the role of operating factors on the performance of MSL is insufficiently understood, and this limits its further application to some extent. The present paper provides a holistic overvi ...
- Guan, Yidong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemosphere 2013 v.92 pp. 201-206
- Canna indica; Eisenia fetida; Phragmites australis; Typha angustifolia; bacteria; constructed wetlands; denitrification; earthworms; fungi; leaves; nitrification; nitrogen content; rhizosphere; stems; wetland plants
- ... The response of nitrification potentials, denitrification potentials, and N removal efficiency to the introduction of earthworms and wetland plants in a vertical flow constructed wetland system was investigated. Addition of earthworms increased nitrification and denitrification potentials of substrate in non-vegetated constructed wetland by 236% and 8%, respectively; it increased nitrification and ...