Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Jiamin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2019 v.77 pp. 363-371
- byproducts; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; electric current; electrical treatment; metabolism; microbial activity; nitrates; nitrogen; viability; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Electric current stimulation has been shown to have a positive influence on heterotrophic denitrifying microbial viability and has the potential to improve wastewater denitrification performance. This study investigated the effects of varying current densities on microbial activity and NO3− removal efficiency under heterotrophic conditions.NO3− removal rate was highest at an applied current densit ...
- Zhao, Jiamin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.249 pp. 869-879
- ammonium; bacteria; bioreactors; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; enzyme kinetics; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; logit analysis; microbial communities; models; nitrate reduction; nitrates; water treatment
- ... The NO3− removal pathway and microorganisms change along with the height of an up-flow W-SPD bioreactor was investigated in this study. Modeling and microbial community analysis were used to analyze the denitrification behavior in W-SPD bioreactor. The results showed that NO3− removal rate matched for zero-order (R2 > 0.97) and first-order (R2 > 0.94) combination Michaelis-Menten kinetics, whereas ...