Jump to Main Content
- Serena Scortichini; Maria Chiara Boarelli; Stefania Silvi; Dennis Fiorini
- Journal of chromatography 2020 v.1143 pp. 121972
- acetic acid; acidification; chemical species; derivatization; ethyl ether; feces; fermentation; flame ionization; hexanoic acid; humans; intestinal microorganisms; metabolites; mice; polyethylene glycol; propionic acid; quantitative analysis; rats
- ... Short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) are gut microbiota metabolites recognized for their beneficial effects on the host organism. In this study, a simple and rapid sample preparation method combined to SCFAs analysis by direct injection and gas chromatography coupled with flame ionization detection (GC-FID), for the determination and quantification of eight SCFAs (acetic, propionic, i-butyric, butyric, ...
- Gao, Fang; Ding, Li; Ma, Pengcheng; Wu, Fei
- Chromatographia 2010 v.71 no.11-12 pp. 1007-1014
- acetic acid; acidification; ammonium acetate; bioavailability; calcium; derivatization; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; humans; liquid chromatography; metabolites; thiols; volunteers
- ... Zofenoprilat is an active metabolite of zofenopril, which is very unstable in plasma because of oxidative degradation of its thiol group. In this method, p-bromophenacyl bromide was used as derivatization reagent, immediately after plasma separation, to react with the free thiol group of zofenoprilat and form the derivative zofenoprilat-p-BPB. After acidification with 50% acetic acid, the derivati ...