Jump to Main Content
- Serena Scortichini; Maria Chiara Boarelli; Stefania Silvi; Dennis Fiorini
- Journal of chromatography 2020 v.1143 pp. 121972
- acetic acid; acidification; chemical species; derivatization; ethyl ether; feces; fermentation; flame ionization; hexanoic acid; humans; intestinal microorganisms; metabolites; mice; polyethylene glycol; propionic acid; quantitative analysis; rats
- ... Short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) are gut microbiota metabolites recognized for their beneficial effects on the host organism. In this study, a simple and rapid sample preparation method combined to SCFAs analysis by direct injection and gas chromatography coupled with flame ionization detection (GC-FID), for the determination and quantification of eight SCFAs (acetic, propionic, i-butyric, butyric, ...
- Alexander Vladimirovich Ivanov; Ekaterina Alexandrovna Dubchenko; Maria Petrovna Kruglova; Edward Danielevich Virus; Polina Olegovna Bulgakova; Valery Vasil'evich Alexandrin; Anatolij Nikolaevich Fedoseev; Alexey Nikolaevich Boyko; Sergej Vitalievich Grachev; Aslan Amirkhanovich Kubatiev
- Journal of chromatography 2019 v.1124 pp. 366-374
- S-adenosylmethionine; acetic acid; acetonitrile; blood plasma; chemical species; derivatization; detection limit; fluorescence; metabolites; phenylboronic acids; potassium dihydrogen phosphate; solid phase extraction; ultra-performance liquid chromatography; volunteers
- ... A validated approach to determine various methionine cycle metabolites (S-adenosylmethionine, S-adenosylhomocysteine, and methylthioadenosine) in human blood plasma is offered. The approach is based on solid-phase extraction (with grafted phenylboronic acid) and derivatization with chloroacetaldehyde followed by ultra-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection. We used a 100 × 2 ...