Jump to Main Content
- Boot, Rene G. A.; Gullison, R. E.
- Ecological applications 1995 v.5 no.4 pp. 896-903
- design for environment, etc ; Brazil nuts; Meliaceae; demographic statistics; economic analysis; ecosystems; environmental impact; mechanistic models; nontimber forest products; trees; tropical forests; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... There are few if any examples of the demonstrably sustainable extraction of either timber or non—timber forest products. Even well—known products such as brazil nuts and mahogany lack a sufficient knowledge base to design a sustainable extraction system. Potential extraction systems for timber and non—timber forest products from tropical forests should be evaluated both in terms of their sustainab ...
- Lamond, Jessica; Everett, Glyn
- Landscape and urban planning 2019
- design for environment, etc ; attitudes and opinions; collective action; demographic statistics; green infrastructure; people; surveys; United Kingdom; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Blue-Green Infrastructure (BGI) is an approach to urban flood resilience, recognised globally and in international literature, that capitalises on the benefits of working with urban green-spaces and naturalised water-flows. Literature reveals BGI’s sustainable functioning and benefits-provision depend on the behaviour of those who use it, therefore local stewardship is often proposed to support ma ...