Jump to Main Content
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of mass spectrometry 2018 v.53 no.6 pp. 525-540
- desorption; ionization; mass spectrometry; stainless steel
- ... The practice of laser desorption/ionization (LDI) mass spectrometry continues to evolve. In the most commonly adopted manifestation of LDI, matrix assisted LDI, attention continues to be directed towards novel sample application strategies and modifications to the sample plate. Specifically, researchers continue to explore adaptations to the conventional, stainless steel sample plate that is the c ...
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2016 v.76 pp. 95-101
- biomarkers; biomedical research; chemists; desorption; mass spectrometry; neoplasms
- ... Surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectrometry (SELDI-TOF MS) has been established as a powerful analytical tool for biomarker discovery in oncology. This review visits the milestones achieved by this technique and scans the advantages and limitation of the technique as well. The need for expanding this technique for biomarker discovery with respect to diseases other ...