Jump to Main Content
- Lewis, Andrew R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemistry 2018 v.57 no.24 pp. 3378-3386
- Citrobacter freundii; alpha-galactosidase; catalytic activity; deuterium; glycosides; hydrides; hydrolysis; isotopes; manganese; metal ions; strontium
- ... The glycoside hydrolase family 4 (GH4) α-galactosidase from Citrobacter freundii (MelA) catalyzes the hydrolysis of fluoro-substituted phenyl α-d-galactopyranosides by utilizing two cofactors, NAD⁺ and a metal cation, under reducing conditions. In order to refine the mechanistic understanding of this GH4 enzyme, leaving group effects were measured with various metal cations. The derived βₗg value ...
- Lewis, Andrew
R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.8 pp. 3748-3757
- Vibrio cholerae; catalytic activity; deuterium; glycosidic linkages; glycosylation; hydrolysis; isomers; isotope labeling; isotopes; oxygen; tyrosine
- ... A series of isotopically labeled natural substrate analogues (phenyl 5-N-acetyl-α-d-neuraminyl-(2→3)-β-d-galactopyranosyl-(1→4)-1-thio-β-d-glucopyranoside; Neu5Acα2,3LacβSPh, and the corresponding 2→6 isomer) were prepared chemoenzymatically in order to characterize, by use of multiple kinetic isotope effect (KIE) measurements, the glycosylation transition states for Vibrio cholerae sialidase-cata ...