Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: ester?
- Vozáry, Eszter, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.169 pp. 226-232
- apoplast; biomass; cadmium; cell membranes; corn; crop-weed competition; dielectric properties; drought; electric current; electric impedance; electrodes; endodermis; lignin; monitoring; physicochemical properties; plant development; plant response; root systems; roots; shoots; soybeans; stress response; suberin; symplast; wheat
- ... This study aimed to demonstrate that single-frequency (1 kHz) measurement of impedance phase angle (Φ) in root–soil systems is suitable for monitoring plant responses to environmental stresses. Potted wheat, soybean and maize plants were exposed to cadmium contamination, alkaline stress, drought or weed competition. Φ was detected at regular intervals between a ground and a plant electrode during ...
- Vozáry, Eszter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant and soil 2017 v.419 no.1-2 pp. 237-256
- Arenosols; Chernozems; capacitance; dielectric properties; growing media; pumice; root systems
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: The measurement of electrical capacitance in root–soil system (CR) is a useful method for estimating the root system size (RSS) in situ; however, CR–RSS regressions are often poor. It was hypothesized that this weak relationships could be partly due to the variable energy-loss rate, indicated by the dissipation factor (DF). METHODS: The values of CR and the associated DF were ...