Jump to Main Content
- Shearer, K.D., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquaculture 2006 v.261 no.1 pp. 269-284
- Gadus morhua; cod (fish); marine fish; digestibility; gastrointestinal system; animal morphology; intestinal microorganisms; microvilli; digestive enzymes; alkaline phosphatase; leucyl aminopeptidase; alpha-glucosidase; enzyme activity; amino acids; nitrogen; sulfur; fish feeding; feed composition; soybean meal; bioprocessing; fish culture; mariculture
- ... The objectives of this work were to evaluate how dietary soybean meal (SBM) or a soy meal made by bioprocessing the SBM (BPSBM) to remove anti-nutritional factors affected hydrolytic capacity, amino acid absorption, intestinal morphology, and microflora along the intestinal tract of Atlantic cod at two life stages. Three fish meal based standard cod diets were formulated to contain no soy (FM cont ...
- Shearer, K.D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquaculture 2006 v.257 no.1-4 pp. 44-52
- Gadus morhua; cod (fish); marine fish; animal growth; hemoglobin; polymorphism; phenotypic variation; energy metabolism; water temperature; fish feeding; feed intake; feed conversion; digestibility; oxygen consumption; nutrient retention; body composition; aquaculture tanks; fish culture; mariculture; Norway