Jump to Main Content
- Quintanilla-Casas, Beatriz, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2020 v.121 pp. 108936
- chemometrics; discriminant analysis; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; headspace analysis; least squares; screening; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; uncertainty; virgin olive oil; volatile compounds
- ... Sensory quality, assessed following a standardized method, is one of the parameters defining the commercial category of virgin olive oil. Considering the difficulties linked to the organoleptic evaluation, especially the high number of samples to be assessed, setting up instrumental methods to support sensory panels becomes a need for the olive oil sector. Volatile fingerprint by Headspace Solid P ...
- Quintanilla-Casas, Beatriz, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019
- discriminant analysis; extra-virgin olive oil; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; headspace analysis; least squares; prospective studies; provenance; sesquiterpenoids; solid phase microextraction
- ... The verification of the geographical origin of extra virgin (EVOO) and virgin olive oil (VOO) is crucial to protect consumers from misleading information. Despite the large number of studies performed, specific markers are still not available. The present study aims to evaluate sesquiterpene hydrocarbons (SHs) as markers of EVOO geographical origin and to compare the discrimination efficiency of t ...