Jump to Main Content
- Meghan A. Cook; Pham Duc Phuc
- Journal of food quality 2019 v.2019 pp. -
- Salmonella; Streptococcus suis; Taenia solium; Trichinella spiralis; antibiotics; bacteria; celebrations; chemical pollutants; disease outbreaks; disease surveillance; food contamination; foodborne illness; governance; heavy metals; meat consumption; men; minorities (people); modernization; mountains; pathogens; pork; public health; raw meat; risk factors; socioeconomic development; supply chain; tropical diseases; Vietnam
- ... Foodborne illness is a difficult public health burden to measure, with accurate incidence data usually evading disease surveillance systems. Yet, the global scope of foodborne disease and its impacts on socioeconomic development make it an important health risk to address, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. In Vietnam, rapid development has seen large-scale commercial operations ris ...
- Xiaojuan Yang; Qingping Wu; Jiahui Huang; Shi Wu; Jumei Zhang; Ling Chen; Xianhu Wei; Yingwang Ye; Yu Li; Juan Wang; Tao Lei; Liang Xue; Rui Pang; Youxiong Zhang
- Food control 2020 v.109 pp. 106915
- Coriandrum sativum; Salmonella; antibiotics; disease outbreaks; humans; lettuce; monitoring; multilocus sequence typing; multiple drug resistance; nalidixic acid; public health; raw vegetables; serotypes; China
- ... Raw vegetables have been associated with numerous foodborne Salmonella outbreaks; however, there is little epidemiological or molecular data on Salmonella contaminants of raw vegetables in China. Here, we investigated the prevalence and molecular characteristics of Salmonella isolates from raw vegetables in China. In total, 406 raw vegetable samples were collected covering most provincial capitals ...