Jump to Main Content
- Menchetti, Laura, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of veterinary behavior 2016 v.12 pp. 27-35
- analysis of variance; animal behavior; castration; children; data collection; dogs; education; elderly; females; human health; human-animal relations; humans; males; men; pet ownership; pets; principal component analysis; questionnaires; social support; variance; women; Italy
- ... The prevailing feeling of Italians toward animals is positive and based on respect. Dogs are often perceived as family members and, providing social support, can improve human health. However, the mutually beneficial relationship between human and dog can break, as demonstrated by animals being abandoned to shelters. Rupture of the bond between owner and dog may be because of a lack of corresponde ...
- Menchetti, Laura, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Theriogenology 2015 v.84 no.8 pp. 1423-1430
- adenocarcinoma; arterioles; biopsy; blood flow; blood volume; clinical examination; dog diseases; dogs; hyperplasia; lymphoma; males; prostate gland; prostatitis; quantitative analysis; ultrasonography
- ... The work was carried out on a total of 26 male dogs that on the basis of clinical examination, prostate ultrasound and prostate biopsy, were divided prospectively into four groups: (1) normal dogs (control group; n = 8); (2) dogs with benign prostatic hyperplasia (group BPH; n = 8); (3) dogs suffering from prostatitis (group prostatitis; n = 4); (4) dogs with prostatic tumors (group tumors; n = 6) ...