Jump to Main Content
- Ulrich, Michael, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2019 v.12 no.1 pp. 445
- Dirofilaria immitis; adults; antigens; dirofilariasis; dog diseases; dogs; heartworms; ivermectin; larvae; moxidectin; necropsy; oral administration; pyrantel; valleys; veterinary clinics; United States
- ... BACKGROUND: Dirofilaria immitis is a filarial parasite of dogs that can cause serious or fatal cardiopulmonary disease. Three studies were conducted to evaluate the efficacy and safety of monthly treatment with moxidectin in a chewable tablet product in combination with sarolaner and pyrantel to prevent heartworm disease in dogs after experimental challenge and in a clinical field study in the USA ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ulrich, Michael, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2016 v.225 pp. 117-122
- Ancylostoma caninum; Toxascaris leonina; Toxocara canis; body weight; dog diseases; dogs; eggs; gastrointestinal nematodes; larvae; necropsy; nematode infections
- ... The efficacy of oral afoxolaner plus milbemycin oxime combination chewables against induced gastrointestinal nematode infections in dogs was evaluated in six separate studies. Two studies were performed to evaluate the efficacy of the product against Toxocara canis, two studies evaluated the efficacy against Toxascaris leonina, one study evaluated the efficacy against Ancylostoma braziliense, and ...
- Ulrich, Michael, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Parasitology research 2009 v.105 no.1 pp. 125-134
- Giardia; dogs; flavor; fluorescent labeling; prepatent period
- ... The administration of three consecutive daily doses of the recommended 1x dose of Drontal® Plus flavour tablets (Bayer) was examined for its effect on Giardia sp. cyst-shedding in 7 treated and 7 untreated random-source dogs. Dogs were treated on study days 0, 1 and 2. Cysts were quantified using direct immunofluorescent labelling on days -7, -5, -3 and -2, and daily from day 1 through 11. Three t ...