Jump to Main Content
- Kyung-Koh, Bong; Ah-Song, Kyung
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2008 v.88 no.14 pp. 2445-2450
- frozen dough, etc ; bread dough; trypsin; dough development; breadmaking quality; breads; proteolysis; peptides; rheological properties; wheat gluten; potassium bromate; extensibility; ascorbic acid; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Gluten peptide was prepared by trypsin hydrolysis and characterized by high-performance liquid chromatographic analysis. The effects on non-frozen and frozen doughs of trypsin-hydrolyzed gluten peptide (THGP) and its combination with ascorbic acid or KBrO₃ were investigated.RESULTS: Molecular analysis of THGP showed a decrease in the high-molecular-weight and an increase in the low-mol ...
- Huang, Weining; Kim, Yangsoo; Li, Xianyu; Rayas-Duarte, Patricia
- Journal of cereal science 2008 v.48 no.3 pp. 639-646
- frozen dough, etc ; gas production (biological); bread dough; volume; breadmaking quality; mixing; temperature; ingredients; sodium chloride; lactic acid; shortenings; trehalose; dough development; rheological properties; carbon dioxide; response surface methodology; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Response surface methodology described the effects of salt, lactic acid, shortening, and exogenous trehalose and dough mixing temperature (DMT) and their interactions on the three rheological and fermentation parameters. These included maximum dough height (Hm), maximum height of gas release (Hm') and CO2 production, measured by the Rheofermentometer F3, and bread specific volume (Sp. Vol.) of fro ...