Jump to Main Content
- Bae, Woosung; Lee, Bon; Hou, Gary G.; Lee, Suyong
- Journal of cereal science 2014 v.60 no.3 pp. 520-525
- frozen dough, etc ; adverse effects; ambient temperature; antioxidant activity; baking quality; bread dough; dietary fiber; dough development; extensibility; firmness; frozen storage; gelatinization; loaves; pasting properties; starch; texture; wheat; wheat flour; white bread; whole grain flour; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Whole-grain wheat flour was utilized in a frozen bread dough system and its functional and baking performances were characterized for bake off applications. Whole-grain wheat flour high in dietary fibers (11.84%) exhibited greater water hydration properties than white wheat flour at room temperature. The opposite results were however observed upon starch gelatinization which could be correlated to ...
- Kyung-Koh, Bong; Ah-Song, Kyung
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2008 v.88 no.14 pp. 2445-2450
- frozen dough, etc ; bread dough; trypsin; dough development; breadmaking quality; breads; proteolysis; peptides; rheological properties; wheat gluten; potassium bromate; extensibility; ascorbic acid; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Gluten peptide was prepared by trypsin hydrolysis and characterized by high-performance liquid chromatographic analysis. The effects on non-frozen and frozen doughs of trypsin-hydrolyzed gluten peptide (THGP) and its combination with ascorbic acid or KBrO₃ were investigated.RESULTS: Molecular analysis of THGP showed a decrease in the high-molecular-weight and an increase in the low-mol ...