Jump to Main Content
- Seddon, Annela M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2019 v.536 pp. 493-498
- Rhodophyta; convection; droplets; evaporation; fractal dimensions; leaves; nanofluids; nanoparticles; plants (botany); zinc oxide
- ... We present a box counting fractal dimension (FD) analysis of the dendritic patterns obtained under conditions far from equilibrium via rapid evaporation of a sessile drop containing reactive ZnO nanoparticles. These dendrites were manifestations of solidified Bénard-Marangoni (BM) instability convection cells, and we previously noted that their complex hierarchical morphologies were superficially ...
- Seddon, Annela M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Langmuir 2018 v.34 no.4 pp. 1645-1654
- X-ray diffraction; crystal structure; crystallization; crystals; cyclohexanes; dispersions; droplets; equations; evaporation; nanofibers; nanofluids; nanoparticles; nanorods; powders; silicon; solubility; sonication; zinc; zinc oxide
- ... Surface structures with tailored morphologies can be readily delivered by the evaporation-induced self-assembly process. It has been recently demonstrated that ZnO nanorods could undergo rapid chemical and morphological transformation into 3D complex structures of Zn(OH)₂ nanofibers as a droplet of ZnO nanofluid dries on the substrate via a mechanism very different from that observed in the coffee ...