Jump to Main Content
- Ya-Hui Chuang; Yingjie Zhang; Wei Zhang; Stephen A. Boyd; Hui Li
- Journal of chromatography 2015 v.1404 pp. 1-9
- biosolids; celery; detection limit; drug residues; human health; humans; hydroponics; irrigation; land application; lettuce; liquid chromatography; solvents; statistical analysis; tandem mass spectrometry; wastewater treatment
- ... Land application of biosolids and irrigation with reclaimed water in agricultural production could result in accumulation of pharmaceuticals in vegetable produce. To better assess the potential human health impact from long-term consumption of pharmaceutical-contaminated vegetables, it is important to accurately quantify the amount of pharmaceuticals accumulated in vegetables. In this study, a qui ...
- Christian W. Klampfl
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2019 v.111 pp. 13-26
- biosolids; drug residues; environmental assessment; fertilizers; humans; irrigation; metabolites; sewage treatment; soil
- ... Residues of pharmaceuticals are ubiquitous in the environment, due to the increased use of drugs for treating humans and animals. If in agriculture water or biosolids from sewage treatment plants or manure from treated animals are used for irrigation or as a fertilizer respectively, drug residues may come into contact with plants. Subsequently these substances may be taken up, be translocated and ...