Jump to Main Content
- Bethry, Audrey, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2019 v.535 pp. 505-515
- composite polymers; coordination compounds; crosslinking; curcumin; drugs; free radicals; hydrophobicity; micelles; nanomedicine; platinum; polyethylene glycol; polymerization
- ... The presence of pendant thioether groups on poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(N(2-hydroxypropyl) methacrylamide) (PEG-P(HPMA)) block copolymers allows for platinum-mediated coordinative micellar core-crosslinking, resulting in enhanced micellar stability and stimulus-responsive drug delivery.A new PEG-P(HPMA) based block copolymer with pendant 4-(methylthio)benzoyl (MTB) groups along the P(HPMA) block wa ...
- Bethry, Audrey, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.514 pp. 468-478
- cell viability; composite polymers; curcumin; cytotoxicity; drugs; encapsulation; hydrophobic bonding; micelles; moieties; polyethylene glycol; solubilization
- ... The functionalization of poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(ε-caprolactone) (PEG-PCL) block copolymers with moieties allowing for core-crosslinking is expected to result in improved micellar stability and drug delivery properties.PEG-(PCL)8 star block copolymers were functionalized with pendant benzylthioether (BTE) groups by applying an anionic post-polymerization modification technique followed by photo ...