Jump to Main Content
- HIRANO, TAKASHI, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Global change biology 2007 v.13 no.2 pp. 412-425
- eddy covariance; peat; El Nino; primary productivity; soil organic carbon; leaf area index; drought; trees; seasonal variation; vapor pressure; ecosystem respiration; forests; carbon dioxide; phenology; peatlands; ecosystems; drainage; wet season; climate; dry season; smoke; fires; swamps; carbon dioxide production; deforestation; water table; Indonesia; Borneo
- ... Tropical peatlands, which coexist with swamp forests, have accumulated vast amounts of carbon as soil organic matter. Since the 1970s, however, deforestation and drainage have progressed on an enormous scale. In addition, El Niño and Southern Oscillation (ENSO) drought and large-scale fires, which grow larger under the drought condition, are accelerating peatland devastation. That devastation enha ...
- Hirano, Takashi, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2008 v.148 no.5 pp. 700-713
- primary productivity; boreal forests; temperate forests; seasonal variation; gas emissions; vapor pressure; water vapor; carbon dioxide; dry season; solar radiation; tropical forests; air temperature; spatial variation; geographical variation; growing season; Mongolia; Thailand; Siberia; Japan; China; Malaysia
- ... Measurements of net ecosystem production (NEP) over forest stands were conducted from 11 flux towers in sub-arctic, temperate, and tropical regions in East Asia between 2000 and 2005. The sites extend over a wide latitude, ranging from 3 to 64°N, and include sub-arctic and temperate needle-leaf deciduous forests (larch) (central Siberia, Mongolia, China, and northern Japan), temperate mixed, broad ...