Jump to Main Content
- Alicia Kyoungjin An; Jiaxin Guo; Eui-Jong Lee; Sanghyun Jeong; Yanhua Zhao; Zuankai Wang; TorOve Leiknes
- Journal of membrane science 2017 v.525 pp. 57-67
- artificial membranes; contact angle; decolorization; distillation; dyeing; dyes; fouling; hydrophobicity; operating costs; roughness; wastewater treatment; water quality; zeta potential
- ... Fouling in membrane distillation (MD) results in an increase in operation costs and deterioration in a water quality. In this work, a poly(vinylidene fluoride-co-hexafluoropropene) (PVDF-HFP) electrospun (E-PH) membrane was fabricated by hybridizing polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) polymeric microspheres with superhydrophobicity onto the E-PH membrane via electrospinning. The resulting hybrid PDMS with ...
- Jinglong Zhang; Libin Yang; Zhan Wang; Shigang Yang; Ping Li; Peng Song; Min Ban
- Journal of membrane science 2019 v.587 pp. 117159
- aqueous solutions; artificial membranes; calcium carbonate; dyeing; dyes; humic acids; hydrophilicity; mineralization; nanofiltration; nanoparticles; permeability; sodium chloride; wastewater treatment
- ... Nanofiltration membrane with high water permeability and anti-fouling nature is particularly needed to be explored in dyeing wastewater treatment. Herein, a hydrophilic calcium carbonate/polyethyleneimine-gallic acid (CaCO3/PEI-GA) loose NF membrane was prepared via a layer assembled in-situ mineralization (LAIM) strategy. This strategy endowed the membrane with the following advantages: the forma ...