Jump to Main Content
- Hillebrand‐Voiculescu, Alexandra Maria, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental microbiology reports 2019 v.11 no.3 pp. 464-473
- Cercozoa; Ciliophora; DNA barcoding; databases; ecosystems; eukaryotic cells; fungi; invertebrates; limestone; methane; methanogens; methanotrophs; oxygen; parasitism; phylogeny; plankton; predation; protists; ribosomal RNA; saprotrophs; sulfur; Black Sea; Romania
- ... Movile Cave is a small system of partially inundated galleries in limestone settings close to the Black Sea in Southeast Romania. Isolated from the surface for 6 million years, its sulfidic, methane and ammonia‐rich waters harbour unique chemosynthetic prokaryotic communities that include sulphur and ammonium‐metabolizing chemolithotrophs, methanogens, methanotrophs and methylotrophs. The cave als ...
- Hillebrand-Voiculescu, Alexandra Maria, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Folia microbiologica 2018 v.63 no.1 pp. 43-55
- Araneae; Aspergillus; Cladosporium; Penicillium; air; aquatic invertebrates; bacteria; ecosystems; fauna; feces; fungi; groundwater; indigenous species; limestone; mycobiota; niches; sediments; Romania
- ... Movile Cave, a unique groundwater ecosystem in southern Romania, was discovered in 1986. This chemoautotrophic cave contains an abundant and diverse fauna with terrestrial and aquatic invertebrate communities, including 33 endemic species. Since its discovery, studies have focused mainly on cave chemoautotrophic bacteria, while the microfungal community has been largely neglected. In this study, w ...