Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: louis?
- Karlberg, Louise, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2013 v.181 pp. 69-79
- drought; ecosystems; environmental impact; foods; harvesting; risk; risk reduction; rural areas; sustainable agricultural intensification; tropics; water harvesting
- ... Poverty alleviation in rural areas is a top priority for social and economic development, particularly against a backdrop of rising populations up to 2050 and to meet growing food demands in a rapidly urbanizing world. Sustainable intensification of agricultural techniques are therefore required, such as water management practices that result in higher agricultural production without causing sever ...
- Karlberg, Louise, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Irrigation science 2007 v.25 no.4 pp. 387-399
- autumn; data collection; ecosystems; evaporation; freshwater; irrigation water; management systems; models; plastic film mulches; saline water; soil water content; spring; surface drainage; tomatoes; transpiration
- ... A drip-irrigation module was developed and included in an ecosystem model and tested on two independent datasets, spring and autumn, on field-grown tomato. Simulated soil evaporation correlated well with measurements for spring (2.62 mm d-¹ compared to 2.60 mm d-¹). Changes in soil water content were less well portrayed by the model (spring r ² = 0.27; autumn r ² = 0.45). More independent data is ...
- Karlberg, Louise, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biogeochemistry 2008 v.89 no.1 pp. 61-79
- carbon; carbon dioxide; climate; ecosystems; forest soils; forests; heat transfer; models; organic soils; soil ecology; soil temperature; timber production; water table; Sweden
- ... Depending on the balance between sink and source processes for C, drained organic forest soil ecosystems can be in balance or act as net sinks or sources of CO₂ to the atmosphere. In order to study the effect of groundwater level and soil temperature on C-flux, the CoupModel was calibrated (climate data, groundwater levels, soil CO₂ flux, net ecosystem fluxes of CO₂-exchange, sensible heat flux an ...