Jump to Main Content
- Maggio, Marcello, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Nutrients 2019 v.11 no.2
- body mass index; caregivers; cognition; cross-sectional studies; dementia; elderly; exercise test; inventories; multivariate analysis; nutrition assessment; nutritional status; patients; quality of life; walking
- ... The assistance to older community-dwellers provided by family caregivers is crucial for the maintenance of an acceptable quality of life, especially when dementia is present. The caregiver burden may be extremely high, but few data are available on what patient domains mainly affect the caregiver. The aim of this cross-sectional study, performed in older outpatients, was to examine the impact of c ...
- Maggio, Marcello, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2017
- bioelectrical impedance; body mass index; bone density; cognition; confidence interval; demographic statistics; elderly; females; health status; heart failure; observational studies; patients; questionnaires; regression analysis; risk; sarcopenia; skeletal muscle; stroke; variance; walking
- ... To date, studies assessing the relationship between sarcopenia and delirium, two of the most common geriatric syndromes, are lacking. We sought to explore this association by investigating the co-occurrence of these two conditions and the independent association between them in a population of hospitalized older adults.Cross-sectional multicenter analysis of older adults consecutively admitted to ...
- Maggio, Marcello, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- The journal of nutrition, health & aging 2014 v.18 no.4 pp. 420-423
- C-reactive protein; albumins; blood glucose; body mass index; elderly; energy intake; food intake; insulin-like growth factor I; interleukin-6; liver function; men; physical activity; protein intake; proton pump; women
- ... OBJECTIVES: to investigate the effects of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) on the insulin-like-growth factor 1(IGF-1) system in the elderly. DESIGN: cross-sectional. SETTING: InCHIANTI study. PARTICIPANTS: 938 older subjects (536 women, 402 men, mean age 75.7±7.4 years). MEASUREMENTS: complete data on age, sex, BMI, liver function, medications, dietary intake, IGF-1, IGF-binding protein-1 and -3 (IGF ...
- PubMed Central: