Jump to Main Content
- Hubbard, Susan S., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2013 v.47 no.1 pp. 314-321
- aquifers; arsenic; bicarbonates; carbon dioxide; carbonic acid; electrical resistance; field experimentation; groundwater; ion exchange; monitoring; pH; risk; sediments; water quality
- ... The risk of CO₂ leakage from a properly permitted deep geologic storage facility is expected to be very low. However, if leakage occurs it could potentially impact potable groundwater quality. Dissolved CO₂ in groundwater decreases pH, which can mobilize naturally occurring trace metals commonly contained in aquifer sediments. Observing such processes requires adequate monitoring strategies. Here, ...
- Hubbard, Susan S., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2015 v.529 pp. 1740-1753
- biomass; data collection; electrical resistance; field experimentation; filtration; geophysics; monitoring; sediments; seepage; spatial variation; stream channels; temperature; temporal variation; tomography; California
- ... An experimental field study was performed to investigate riverbed clogging processes and associated monitoring approaches near a dam-controlled riverbank filtration facility in Northern California. Motivated by previous studies at the site that indicated riverbed clogging plays an important role in the performance of the riverbank filtration system, we investigated the spatiotemporal variability a ...