Jump to Main Content
- Nuez, Ignacio, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Energy policy 2019 v.132 pp. 839-853
- carbon dioxide; economic valuation; electric energy consumption; electric power; electricity; electricity generation; energy costs; energy policy; greenhouse gas emissions; international tourism; tourists; Canary Islands; Spain
- ... The Canary Islands is a European archipelago whose principal economic activity is international tourism. Due to its geographic isolation, it does not have any connection with continental electricity grids. The Spanish state subsidises the extra cost of electrical energy generation in isolated systems. The purpose of this study is to quantify the proportion of the electricity bill that corresponds ...
- Nuez, Ignacio de la, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Energy 2018 v.153 pp. 12-16
- coasts; electricity; electricity costs; electricity generation; islands; planning; wind power; Canary Islands
- ... The objective of this rebuttal letter is to provide a critical analysis of the article entitled “Spatial planning to estimate the offshore wind energy potential in coastal regions and islands. Practical case: The Canary Islands” [Energy 143 (2018) 91–103], mainly in relation to its methodology, suitable marine areas and electricity production costs. The absence of basic considerations about the ch ...