Jump to Main Content
- Grace A. Odongo; Nina Schlotz; Susanne Baldermann; Susanne Neugart; Benard Ngwene; Monika Schreiner; Evelyn Lamy
- Food bioscience 2018 v.26 pp. 42-48
- Amaranthus cruentus; DNA damage; aflatoxin B1; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chemical constituents of plants; comet assay; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; environmental factors; enzymes; ferrous sulfate; gene expression; health promotion; human cell lines; leaves; liquid chromatography; liver; mass spectrometry; models; oxidative stress; reporter genes
- ... Amaranth is presently an underutilized crop despite its high content of micronutrients/bioactive phytochemicals and its capacity to thrive in harsh environmental condition. The present study aimed at determining the health benefits of Amaranthus cruentus L. in terms of protection against DNA damage induced by the mycotoxin aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) and oxidative stress using comet assay. The antioxidant ...
- Y.‐J. Wei; S.‐R. Zhao; J.‐M. Li; B. Xue
- Australian journal of grape and wine research 2016 v.22 no.2 pp. 226-231
- Vitis vinifera; antioxidant activity; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; grapes; health promotion; hydroxyl radicals; leaves; models; nitric oxide; roots; seeds; stems; stilbenes; tissues; viniferins
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Stilbenes are an important group of phenolic substances that exist in roots, stems, leaves, skins and seeds. But little work has been performed to characterise the composition of grape root or to measure the antioxidant capacity of several stilbenes with hydroxyl radicals,1,1‐diphenyl‐2‐picrylhydrazyl and nitric oxide free radicals. METHODS AND RESULTS: Stilbenes were analysed ...