Jump to Main Content
- Troisi, Alessandro, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.34 pp. 13498-13502
- dissociation; electron transfer; electrons; models; photovoltaic cells
- ... It is normally assumed that electrons and holes in organic solar cells are generated by the dissociation of excitons at the interface between donor and acceptor materials in strongly bound hole-electron pairs. We show in this contribution that excitons can dissociate tens of angstroms away from the interface and generate partially separated electrons and holes, which can more easily overcome their ...
- PubMed Central:
- Troisi, Alessandro, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Science 2008 v.319 no.5866 pp. 1056-1060
- chemical reactions; electric power; electrodes; electrons; hysteresis; spectroscopy
- ... Much current experimental research on transport in molecular junctions focuses on finite voltages, where substantial polarization-induced nonlinearities may result in technologically relevant device-type responses. Because molecules have strong polarization responses to changing charge state or external field, molecules isolated between electrodes can show strongly nonlinear current-voltage respon ...