Jump to Main Content
- Dutta, Debashis
- Journal of chromatography 2015 v.1404 pp. 124-130
- normal distribution, etc ; Monte Carlo method; chromatography; electric field; electroosmosis; electrophoresis; hydrodynamic dispersion; variance; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The present work analyzes the electrodynamic dispersion of sample streams in a free-flow zone electrophoresis (FFZE) chamber resulting due to partial or complete blockage of electroosmotic flow (EOF) across the channel width by the sidewalls of the conduit. This blockage of EOF has been assumed to generate a pressure-driven backflow in the transverse direction for maintaining flow balance in the s ...
- PubMed Central:
- Saisyo, Atsuyuki; Nakamura, Hideaki; Fang, Jun; Tsukigawa, Kenji; Greish, Khaled; Furukawa, Hiroyuki; Maeda, Hiroshi
- Colloids and surfaces 2016 v.138 pp. 128-137
- normal distribution, etc ; adverse effects; antineoplastic activity; cisplatin; colloids; composite polymers; cytotoxicity; drug therapy; electrophoresis; light scattering; mice; micelles; neoplasms; pH; particle size; permeability; pharmacokinetics; tissues; weight loss; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Cisplatin (CDDP) is widely used to treat various cancers. However, its distribution to normal tissues causes serious adverse effects. For this study, we synthesized a complex of styrene-maleic acid copolymer (SMA) and CDDP (SMA–CDDP), which formed polymeric micelles, to achieve tumor-selective drug delivery based on the enhanced permeability and retention (EPR) effect. SMA–CDDP is obtained by regu ...
- Taylor, Jay; Stubley, G.D.; Ren, Carolyn L.
- Electrophoresis 2008 v.29 no.14 pp. 2953-2959
- normal distribution, etc ; crosslinking; electrophoresis; fluorescein; streams; variance; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... This study aims to develop an experimental method for determining the focused-sample stream width in microfluidic chips. The focused-sample stream width in the junction of a cross-linked microchannel is determined by the distance between the two streamlines dividing the focusing sheath streams and the sample stream, which should be insensitive to the sample properties. However, the commonly used F ...