Jump to Main Content
- Williamson, Seth D., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2018 v.39 no.24 pp. 3104-3122
- bioinformatics; cell communication; derivatization; electrophoresis; glycopeptides; glycoproteins; glycoproteomics; glycosylation; host-pathogen relationships; immune response; inflammation; ionization; mass spectrometry
- ... Protein glycosylation, an important PTM, plays an essential role in a wide range of biological processes such as immune response, intercellular signaling, inflammation, and host–pathogen interaction. Aberrant glycosylation has been correlated with various diseases. However, studying protein glycosylation remains challenging because of low abundance, microheterogeneities of glycosylation sites, and ...
- Williamson, Seth D., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2018 v.39 no.24 pp. 3063-3081
- chemical bonding; derivatization; electrophoresis; glycomics; glycosylation; ionization; mass spectrometry; physicochemical properties; polysaccharides; proteins
- ... The diversification of the chemical properties and biological functions of proteins is attained through posttranslational modifications, such as glycosylation. Glycans, which are covalently attached to proteins, play a vital role in cell activities. The microheterogeneity and complexity of glycan structures associated with proteins make comprehensive glycomic analysis challenging. However, recent ...