Jump to Main Content
- Shang, Xiao-Fei; Zhao, Zhong-Min; Li, Jun-Cai; Yang, Guan-Zhou; Liu, Ying-Qian; Dai, Li-Xia; Zhang, Zhi-Jun; Yang, Zhi-Gang; Miao, Xiao-Lou; Yang, Cheng-Jie; Zhang, Ji-Yu
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.137 pp. 508-520
- Rheum palmatum, etc ; Mythimna separata; Thanatephorus cucumeris; acetone; acetylcholinesterase; antifungal properties; azoxystrobin; biopesticides; emodin; ethanol; inhibitory concentration 50; insecticidal properties; insects; lethal concentration 50; median effective concentration; medicinal properties; mitochondrial membrane; mycelium; plant pathogenic fungi; plumbagin; reactive oxygen species; rhubarb; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... As a well-known herb worldwide, rhubarb presents a wide range of pharmacological activities. In our studies, Rheum palmatum L. extracts and five isolated anthraquinones possessed insecticidal activity. The acetone extract (yield, 8.84%), which contained the highest amount of compounds (82.87 mg/g), showed stronger insecticidal activity than did the aqueous extract (yield, 37.17%) and the ethanol e ...
- Dong, Xiaoxv; Fu, Jing; Yin, Xingbin; Cao, Sali; Li, Xuechun; Lin, Longfei; Ni, Jian
- Phytotherapy research 2016 v.30 no.8 pp. 1207-1218
- Rheum palmatum, etc ; Oriental traditional medicine; Reynoutria japonica; Reynoutria multiflora; anti-infective properties; antioxidants; bioavailability; emodin; hepatotoxicity; mechanism of action; medicinal plants; medicinal properties; nephrotoxicity; pharmacokinetics; rats; reproductive toxicology; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Emodin is a natural anthraquinone derivative that occurs in many widely used Chinese medicinal herbs, such as Rheum palmatum, Polygonum cuspidatum and Polygonum multiflorum. Emodin has been used as a traditional Chinese medicine for over 2000 years and is still present in various herbal preparations. Emerging evidence indicates that emodin possesses a wide spectrum of pharmacological properties, i ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lin, Yun-Lian; Wu, Ching-Fen; Huang, Yi-Tsau
- Planta medica 2008 v.74 no.10 pp. 1246-1252
- Rheum palmatum, etc ; hepatocytes; emodin; liver; phenols; phytochemicals; medicinal plants; human health; cultured cells; rats; medicinal properties; chemotaxis; roots; Oriental traditional medicine; Show all 14 Subjects