Jump to Main Content
- Janeczko, Monika; Masłyk, Maciej; Kubiński, Konrad; Golczyk, Hieronim
- Yeast 2017 v.34 no.6 pp. 253-265
- Rheum palmatum, etc ; Candida albicans; antifungal properties; binding sites; biofilm; emodin; hyphae; immunosuppression; inhibitory concentration 50; minimum inhibitory concentration; models; phosphorylation; plant products; protein kinases; rhizomes; transcription factor NF-kappa B; vasodilation; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Emodin (1,3,8‐trihydroxy‐6‐methyl‐anthraquinone) is a natural secondary plant product, originally isolated from the rhizomes of Rheum palmatum. Many reports show its diuretic, vasorelaxant, antibacterial, antiviral, anti‐ulcerogenic, immunosuppressive, hepatoprotective, anti‐inflammatory and anticancer potential. Emodin is a pleiotropic molecule capable of interacting with several major molecular ...
- Liang, Zhitao; Sham, Tungting; Yang, Guangyi; Yi, Ling; Chen, Hubiao; Zhao, Zhongzhen
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2013 v.405 no.12 pp. 4199-4212
- Rheum palmatum, etc ; Oriental traditional medicine; bioactive properties; emodin; fluorescence; herbal medicines; image analysis; mass spectrometry; pith; rhizomes; secondary metabolites; ultra-performance liquid chromatography; vascular bundles; xylem; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Evaluating the quality of herbal medicines by morphological features is a convenient, quick, and practical method compared with other methods that mostly depend on modern instruments. Here, laser microdissection and ultra-performance liquid chromatography are combined with mass spectrometry to map the distribution of secondary metabolites in cells or tissues of a herb itself for correlating its bi ...
- Shia, Chi-Sheng; Juang, Shin-Hun; Tsai, Shang-Yuan; Chang, Pei-Hua; Kuo, Sheng-Chu; Hou, Yu-chi; Chao, Pei-Dawn Lee
- Planta medica 2009 v.75 no.13 pp. 1386-1392
- Rheum palmatum, etc ; emodin; blood chemistry; blood serum; free radicals; medicinal plants; free radical scavengers; animal models; rats; antioxidant activity; glycosides; rhizomes; pharmacokinetics; metabolites; Show all 14 Subjects