Jump to Main Content
- Li, Houhua, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.2 pp. 298-306
- cell differentiation; cysteine; diterpenoids; drug resistance; enantiomers; mosses and liverworts; myeloid leukemia; neoplasm cells; oxygen; peroxiredoxin; reactive oxygen species; therapeutics
- ... Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is a hematologic malignancy that is characterized by clonal proliferation of myeloid blasts. Despite the progress that has been made in the treatment of various malignant hematopoietic diseases, the effective treatment of AML remains very challenging. Differentiation therapy has emerged as a promising approach for leukemia treatment, and new and effective chemical agen ...
- Li, Houhua, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2015 v.137 no.37 pp. 11946-11949
- biomimetics; chemical reactions; enantiomers; mechanistic models; phenylacetic acid; synthesis
- ... We report herein the first total synthesis of (−)-incarviatone A (1) in 14 steps starting from commercially available inexpensive phenylacetic acid (9). Our early stage synthesis relies on the scalable and sequential C–H functionalization to rapidly assemble the indanyl dialdehyde framework. Further biomimetic cascade strategy allows us to obtain the natural product in a one-pot operation. We also ...