Jump to Main Content
- Chialva, F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1994 v.42 no.4 pp. 886-889
- wines; distilled spirits; chemical composition; butanol; enantiomers; stereochemistry
- ... A great number of distillates of different origin were analyzed to determine the concentration of 2-butanol as well as the predominant enantiomeric form of this secondary alcohol and its excess. Chirality determinations were carried out using bidimensional gas chromatography ("heart cut") technique coupled to GC analysis with methylated beta-cyclodextrin capillary column). Enantiomeric excesses of ...
- Chialva, F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1997 v.45 no.9 pp. 3476-3480
- Lactobacillus; alcohols; distillates; enantiomers; enzyme activity; mash
- ... A number of strains of Lactobacillus spp. from foods were screened for their ability to convert meso-2,3-butanediol into 2-butanol. Only three strains of L. brevis transformed the meso-diol into the secondary alcohol. These strains as well as the others unable to metabolize meso-2,3-butanediol exhibited the capacity to hydrogenate 2-butanone to 2-butanol. In both types of lactobacilli, an inverse ...