Jump to Main Content
- Secen, Hasan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Tetrahedron letters 2019 v.60 no.3 pp. 284-287
- acid hydrolysis; amino acids; beta-lactams; crystallization; enantiomers; ethyleneimine; moieties
- ... Enantiopure β-aminocyclooctenenitriles, as precursors of β-amino acids and β-lactams, were synthesized from a readily available chloroalkene nitrile and (S)-methylbenzylamine via a straightforward substitution reaction and purified by crystallization. Acidic hydrolysis of the nitrile groups to their corresponding amides followed by DCC assisted carbonyl group activation gave novel α,β-unsaturated ...
- Secen, Hasan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Tetrahedron 2012 v.68 no.12 pp. 2607-2610
- allyl alcohol; catalysts; cyanides; enantiomers; hydrogenation; hydrolysis; proline
- ... A new synthetic strategy for (R)- and (S)-3-hydroxy-4-(2,4,5-trifluorophenyl)butanoic acid, a building block in the preparation of sitagliptin and its derivatives, was developed. Pd(OAc)₂ catalyzed coupling of 2,4,5-trifluoro-1-iodobenzene with allyl alcohol gave 3-(2,4,5-trifluorophenyl)propanal in a yield of 95%. l-Proline catalyzed reaction of the 3-phenylpropanal (in only 1.2 molar equiv) with ...