Jump to Main Content
- Sen, Nilkantha
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2016
- endocrine system; endocrine system physiology, etc ; animal pathology; autophagy; cardiovascular system; cell differentiation; cell proliferation; cell viability; central nervous system; enzymes; gastrointestinal system; gene expression regulation; hydrogen sulfide; immune system; inflammation; liver; metabolism; neurons; nitric oxide; physiological regulation; proteins; respiratory system; signal transduction; stem cells; tissues; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Hydrogen sulfide (H2S), a novel gasotransmitter, is endogenously synthesized by multiple enzymes that are differentially expressed in the peripheral tissues and central nervous systems. H2S regulates a wide range of physiological processes, namely cardiovascular, neuronal, immune, respiratory, gastrointestinal, liver, and endocrine systems, by influencing cellular signaling pathways and sulfhydrat ...
- PubMed Central:
- Richards, Mark P.; McMurtry, John P.
- International journal of peptides 2010 no.749401
- endocrine system; endocrine system physiology, etc ; birds; ghrelin; genomics; gene expression regulation; post-translational modification; receptors; amino acid sequences; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... To understand how the proghrelin system functions in regulating growth hormone release and food intake as well as defining its pleiotropic roles in such diverse physiological processes as energy homeostasis, gastrointestinal tract function and reproduction require detailed knowledge of the structure and function of the components that comprise this system. These include the preproghrelin gene that ...