Jump to Main Content
- Alexander, Brenda M.; Singh, Priyanka; Austin, Kathy J.; Cockrum, Rebecca R.; Cammack, Kristi M.; Hess, Bret W.; Moss, Gary E.; Nathanielsz, Peter W.; Ford, Stephen P.
- Animal reproduction science 2009 v.116 no.1-2 pp. 58-64
- endocrine system; endocrine system physiology, etc ; dietary fat; hypothalamus; amygdala; males; gene expression; females; body fat; maternal effect; neurons; polymerase chain reaction; hormone receptors; pregnancy; fetus; testosterone; postnatal development; sheep; gender differences; progesterone; estrogens; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Sexual differentiation of the brain occurs between d 30 and 70 in the fetal lamb. The objective of this experiment was to determine if maternal fatness affects fetal steroid production and expression of their receptors which may ultimately alter endocrine systems postnatally. Fetuses were collected from ewes fed at either 100% (Control; n =5) or 150% (Fat; n =6) of NRC recommendations from 60 d pr ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sen, Nilkantha
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2016
- endocrine system; endocrine system physiology, etc ; animal pathology; autophagy; cardiovascular system; cell differentiation; cell proliferation; cell viability; central nervous system; enzymes; gastrointestinal system; gene expression regulation; hydrogen sulfide; immune system; inflammation; liver; metabolism; neurons; nitric oxide; physiological regulation; proteins; respiratory system; signal transduction; stem cells; tissues; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Hydrogen sulfide (H2S), a novel gasotransmitter, is endogenously synthesized by multiple enzymes that are differentially expressed in the peripheral tissues and central nervous systems. H2S regulates a wide range of physiological processes, namely cardiovascular, neuronal, immune, respiratory, gastrointestinal, liver, and endocrine systems, by influencing cellular signaling pathways and sulfhydrat ...
- PubMed Central: