Jump to Main Content
- Saravanan, Subramanian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.230 pp. 91-99
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; carbohydrates; cathepsin D; dietary carbohydrate; digestible energy; digestible protein; energy; fish; hyperplasia; hypertrophy; juveniles; messenger RNA; muscle fibers; muscles; myoblasts; myosin heavy chains; myosin light chains; myostatin; proliferating cell nuclear antigen; protein content
- ... This study investigates muscle growth mechanisms in juvenile rainbow trout in response to isoenergetic changes in dietary non-protein energy (NPE) source (F, fat vs. C, carbohydrates) at two levels of digestible protein to digestible energy (DP/DE) ratio. Fish (initial weight 32.4 g) were fed four diets having similar DE levels (~18 kJ g−1) with a high (HP/E~26 mg kJ−1) vs. low (LP/E~14 mg kJ−1) D ...
- Saravanan, Subramanian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2013 v.170 no.2 pp. 281-291
- Anopheles gambiae; animals; energy; expressed sequence tags; gene expression; gene targeting; hosts; immune response; microRNA; neoplasms; parasites; phylogeny; prophenoloxidase; proteins; viruses
- ... MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small, noncoding RNAs that play key roles in regulating gene expression in animals, plants, and viruses, which involves in biological processes including development, cancer, immunity, and host–microorganism interactions. In this present study, we have used the computational approach to identify potent miRNAs involved in Anopheles gambiae immune response. Analysis of 217,261 ...