Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Jiangxue, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Energy 2019 v.182 pp. 1193-1201
- air transportation; capital; case studies; cleaning; cradle-to-gate; electricity; energy; environmental markets; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; infrastructure; issues and policy; manufacturing; models; nuclear power; rail transportation; steel; China
- ... China's booming economy and rapid social development have resulted in the large-scale construction of high-speed rail (HSR) infrastructure. In addition to the reduced travel time and enhanced safety of HSR transportation, the construction of HSR infrastructure involves substantial up-front investments of capital and resources, yielding energy and environmental burdens. This study calculated the en ...
- Zhang, Jiangxue, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Resources, conservation, and recycling 2018 v.132 pp. 269-277
- carbon dioxide; energy; environmental law; foreign direct investment; greenhouse gas emissions; industrialization; issues and policy; models; nitrogen oxides; plant industry; society; statistics; sulfur dioxide; supply chain; value added; China
- ... Industry is a main energy consumer and environmental polluter in modern society. The performance of China’s industrial development should therefore be integratively measured in economic, environmental as well as energy and resource contexts. This study employs the directional slacks-based inefficiency model to calculate sectoral and supply-chain green efficiency (SGE and SCGE respectively) of 37 i ...