Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Lianbin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2017 v.5 no.31 pp. 16212-16219
- energy efficiency; evaporation rate; foams; graphene oxide; heat transfer; polystyrenes; simulation models; solar energy; thermal energy; wastewater treatment
- ... Solar-driven water evaporation has been emerging as a highly efficient way for utilizing solar energy for clean water production and wastewater treatment. Here we rationally designed and fabricated a bi-layered photothermal membrane with a porous film of reduced graphene oxide (rGO) on the top and polystyrene (PS) foam at the bottom. The top porous rGO layer acts as a light absorber to harvest and ...
- Zhang, Lianbin, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2016 v.4 no.3 pp. 1223-1230
- adsorption; carbon nanotubes; energy efficiency; evaporation; filtration; heat; humans; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; industry; pollutants; porous media; seawater; silica; wastewater treatment; water pollution
- ... Given the emerging energy and water challenges facing mankind, solar-driven water evaporation has been gaining renewed research attention from both academia and industry as an energy-efficient means of wastewater treatment and clean water production. In this project, a bilayered material, consisting of a top self-floating hydrophobic CNT membrane and a bottom hydrophilic macroporous silica substra ...