Jump to Main Content
- Schaffer, David V., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Trends in biotechnology 2010 v.28 no.3 pp. 117-124
- engineering; population; stem cells
- ... The stem cell niche is an anatomical site that contains a reservoir of multipotent stem cells (SCs) that can maintain normal tissue, or replenish injured or aged cell populations, in response to mechanisms that regulate whether they should remain quiescent, undergo self-renewal, or differentiate. The choice among these hallmark SC behaviors is governed by intricate soluble and “solid phase” signal ...
- Schaffer, David, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Current opinion in biotechnology 2019 v.60 pp. 99-103
- Dependoparvovirus; antibodies; capsid; engineering; gene therapy; immune response; lymphocytes; viruses
- ... Gene therapy is progressively emerging as a promising and powerful therapeutic modality, and adeno-associated virus (AAV) is a major delivery vehicle for such therapies. Among the most significant challenges that limit AAV’s utility, however, is the immune response it elicits. Antibodies elicited by prior exposure to natural virus or vector can bind to an AAV vector, preventing it from entering th ...