Jump to Main Content
- Roberts, Jayne, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Environmental sciences Europe 2019 v.31 no.1 pp. 1
- bioavailability; environmental assessment; environmental fate; high performance liquid chromatography; ionization; models; nonionic surfactants; prediction; products and commodities; risk assessment; toxicity; water solubility; weight-of-evidence
- ... BACKGROUND: Surfactants are widely used across the globe both in industrial and consumer products. The n-octanol/water partition ratio or coefficient (log Kₒw) and n-octanol/water distribution coefficient (log D) are key parameters in environmental risk assessment of chemicals as they are often used to estimate the environmental fate and bioavailability and thus exposure and toxicity of a compound ...
- Roberts, Jayne, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2015 v.34 no.4 pp. 935-942
- data collection; environmental assessment; inventories; mechanism of action; personal care products; polymers; prioritization; quantitative structure-activity relationships; risk; screening; surfactants; toxicity
- ... The concept of thresholds of toxicological concern as a potentially useful tool in environmental risk assessment has been applied to the inventory of a home and personal care products company to derive a series of chemical class–based ecotoxicological threshold of concern (ecoTTC) values. Cationic chemicals of various types show notably higher toxicity than other classes and should be treated sepa ...